CodeBase File System
Get Encryption, Compression, Portability, and Performance from your File System
The CodeBase File System lets programmers read and write to and from disk in a very flexible way.
This award-winning software, which has been improved over the last 15 years,
features sophisticated encryption, compression, and I/O performance algorithms.
Full documentation, examples, and an intuitive interface make it very
easy to use. With source code, royalty-free distribution, and
free technical support, it is very attractive to the budget-conscious.
It also supports all popular operating systems and development
environments. Refer to the feature list for full details.
Take advantage of our 30 day money-back guarantee to verify that this is not too good to be true!
- 8, 128, 192, or 256-bit encryption options are available.
- US Government approved AES encryption algorithms.
- Files are encrypted on disk, meaning sensitive data is protected.
- Use of Encryption is optional.
- An 80% size reduction is common.
- On files which compress well, speed is improved because less disk activity is required.
- Compression is optional: use as needed.
- File access is fast thanks to CodeBase's proven performance optimizations.
- For example, a special purpose module is included to optimize sequential reading.
- Fast file access can mean a fast application because file access
is often very slow.
- Consequently, less expensive hardware may be required.
- Supports many popular operating systems including Windows 7, Vista, 2008, 2003,
variety of UNIX platforms including FreeBSD, 64-bit HP-UX, and 64-bit Solaris.
- Supports many popular development environments including C/C++, C# .NET, Visual Basic, VB .NET, Delphi, and Java.
|File Sharing and Locking
- Shares files between multiple machines and processes.
- Lock any range of bytes.
- Supports dirty reads (you can read locked information if necessary).
Source Code Included
CodeBase File System includes source code absolutely free. However, due to government regulation,
the source code to the 128, 192 and 256 bit encryption portions of the product are included only
in the United States and Canada.
The CodeBase File System can be distributed free from royalties
with your application.
CodeBase File System Add On
The key features of the CodeBase File System are also available as an add on to CodeBase database products.
Refer to the CodeBase File System Add On to add encryption and compression to your data, index, and memo files.
CodeBase Software also offers consulting services for this product.
If your needs require in depth explanations, more advanced functionality, additional features, or support for
other operating systems, we can help by customizing a solution just for you.
Use our Pricing and Orders page
to order this product. Please specify the operating system and
development environment you are using in the comment section of the order form. If you require support
for more than one operating system and development environment, please email our
to obtain the price.
If you have any questions or require any clarifications about this product, please send an email to
our sales department.